|Location||Jersey City, New Jersey|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2020|
The Cleared Derivatives Risk Technology (CDRT) team has an opportunity for a Senior Python (Quartz) Developer. This role will participate in the design, development, and support of our OTC and Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETD) Intraday Risk and Clearing Certainty Platforms. The team operates in a lean agile manner and engages closely with business and credit risk partners to provide solutions for the Bank of America Securities Clearing Franchise.
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
- Strong Analytical and Object-Oriented Design/Programming skills.
- Proven track record in adopting and implementing Design Patterns.
- Ability to adopt and leverage an N-Tier Component Based Architecture.
- Comfortable with an Event Based Paradigm, Multithreading, and Asynchronous concepts.
- Experience with Pub/Sub and Queue Messaging Systems (AMPS preferred).
- Eager and willing to learn the business and existing systems.
- Track record of taking ownership and driving projects to completion.
- Proven ability to work within a team with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Python 3.7, or Java Programmer eager to learn Python 3.7.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on development experience.
- A degree in computer science or a related field.
- Quartz Stack – DAG, QzRT, QFS Deal Model,
- Familiarity with IRS, CDS, and ETD Products.
- Knowledge of financial Instrument pricing and valuations.
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.